It’s important to visit a sexual health clinic or your pharmacy as soon as you can for a check-up if you’re concerned that you may have a sexually transmitted infection. Until you have had a check-up, refrain from engaging in any sexual activity, including oral sex. Without being aware of it, you could infect your partner while having sex. Where can I get an STI check near me in Bebington? Keep reading to find out.
What are the symptoms of STI?
An STI may cause the following symptoms:
– Unusual vaginal, penile, or anus discharge
– A painful urination
– Skin growths or lumps at the genitalia or the bottom (anus)
– A rash
– Strange vaginal bleeding
– Itchy anus or genitals
– Blisters and sores near your genital or the anus
– Warts on your anus or genitals
– Very rarely, warts in the mouth or throat
Visit a sexual health clinic if:
– You experience symptoms of an STI
– Your sexual partner shows symptoms of an STI
– You get worried following unprotected sex
– You’re pregnant and having symptoms of an STI
Like HIV, many STIs don’t show symptoms at all. Testing is the only way to be certain.
What can appear on an STI check near me in Bebington
Chlamydia is one of the most prevalent STIs in the UK. It is more prevalent in sexually active young adults and adolescents and is transmitted through unprotected intercourse (sex without the use of a condom).
Symptoms of chlamydia
The majority of chlamydia sufferers are unaware of their condition and have no symptoms.
If you do suffer symptoms, you might have:
– Pain when you pee
– Unusual discharge from the penis, vagina or anus
– Pain in the tummy, bleeding after having sex and bleeding between periods, in women
– Pain and swelling in the testicles, in men
Gonorrhoea – when to get an STI check near me in Bebington
Gonorrhoea is a sexually transmitted disease caused by Neisseria gonorrhoea, often known as the gonococcus bacteria. It was formerly referred to as “the clap.”
The majority of the bacteria that bring about gonorrhoea are found in vaginal and penis discharge.
Gonorrhoea can easily be transmitted from person to person by:
– Anal, oral, or vaginal sex without protection.
– Sharing sex equipment, such as vibrating toys, that haven’t been cleaned or covered with a fresh condom after each use.
Symptoms of gonorrhoea
A thick yellow or green discharge from the penis or vagina, pain when urinating, and bleeding between periods in women are all common signs of gonorrhoea.
However, approximately half of women with the infection and almost one in ten infected men do not exhibit any symptoms.
HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) lowers your immune system’s defences against common infections and diseases.
When your immune system has been badly harmed by the HIV virus, a series of potentially fatal diseases and disorders known collectively as AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome) occur.
Symptoms of HIV infection
Two to six weeks after HIV infection, the majority of persons have a brief flu-like illness that lasts for a week or two.
HIV may stop causing symptoms once these ones go away, even if the infection still weakens your immune system. This implies that many HIV-positive individuals are unaware of their condition.
The term “hepatitis” is used to describe liver inflammation. It typically follows a viral infection or alcohol-related liver impairment.
The hepatitis B virus, which is carried through an infected person’s blood, is what causes hepatitis B. Rarely, it can be transmitted by unprotected sex and drug injection.
Hepatitis B vaccine is recommended in the UK for those in high-risk groups, including:
– Healthcare workers
– Men who have sex with men
– People who inject drugs
– Children born to mothers with hepatitis B
– People travelling to areas of the world where the infection is prevalent
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease. If left untreated, it may result in major issues with a high risk of death.
How to know if you have syphilis (STI check near me in Bebington)
Syphilis symptoms are often subtle and difficult to detect. They may come and go and have a tendency to vary over time.
Syphilis signs and symptoms include:
– Small ulcers on your vagina, penis, or area surrounding your bottom (anus)
– Sores in other locations, such as those in your mouth, on your lips, hands, or bottom
– Common warty growths that are white or grey that typically appear on the penis, vagina, or anus
– Rashes on the soles of your feet and the palms of your hands
– White spots on your lips
– Flu-like symptoms
– Swollen glands
– Patchy hair loss on the eyebrows, beard, and head
After infection, it may take three weeks or longer for syphilis symptoms to manifest.
How can I get an STI check near me in Bebington?
Get in touch with The Pharmacy Bebington today for more information.