Free prescription delivery service
We offer a full delivery service free of charge for all patients registered with us and will deliver to any address within a ten-mile radius of the pharmacy. (We will deliver outside this range but a charge may apply). In certain circumstances, we will offer same day delivery for medication waiting for collection that cannot be collected by the patient due to an unforeseen circumstance.
Free medication reminder service
Many Doctors Surgeries now prevent pharmacies from ordering medication on behalf of their patients. However, if you register with us we can set you up on a repeat prescription reminder service, and we will contact you five working days before your prescription runs out to remind you to order your prescription with your registered Doctors Surgery. We can then have your prescription ready for collection or delivery on a day designated by you.
NHS and private flu vaccination service
You can receive your annual flu vaccine in store at The Pharmacy either by appointment or a drop in consultation.The eligible groups for the seasonal NHS Flu service are:
- all those aged 65 and over
- people who are aged from 18 to less than 65 and have one or more of the following medical conditions:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory disease (severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis)
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five
- chronic liver disease
- chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disabilities
- immunosuppression,a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
- asplenia or splenic dysfunction
- morbid obesity
- women aged 18 years or over who are pregnant (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season)
- carers who are aged 18 or over
- household contacts aged 18 years or over of individuals who are immunocompromised.
If you are not eligible the charge will be £10.
Free emergency hormonal contraception (EHC MAP)
We provide a FREE NHS emergency contraception service also known as the morning after pill. Emergency contraception can prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or if your contraceptive method has failed – for example, a condom has split or you have missed a pill.
If you think you need it, contact The Pharmacy for a discussion with our pharmacist. If you are unable to come into The Pharmacy, we also offer a private service and can deliver the medication to you the same day (a charge will apply). Please contact the store for details.
Medicine use review (MUR)
This is a face-to-face consultation between a pharmacist and a patient to discuss their medicines, both prescribed and non-prescribed. The review aims to help increase patients’ knowledge and understanding of their medicines, including how and why they should be taken. It also provides an opportunity to highlight any other issues of concern, side effects or other medicine-related problems.
New medicine service
The service provides support for patients with long-term conditions who have been prescribed a new medication, to improve the patient’s knowledge and understanding of the medicine they are taking and how and why it will help them in the future.
This is an NHS funded service and only certain medicines prescribed are covered by the NHS. However, The Pharmacy will offer this service to any patient prescribe any new medicine if they feel it will help with their compliance and understanding of their medication and condition. Please speak to the pharmacist for more information.